don't postpone joy

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

DAMMITALL ANYWAY

Just when I thought I had things in order...
I know life is good
but I have no boundaries
I might have to pay for more shit that I hadn't planned on
I was supposed to help Norma this morning
I feel like quitting
I know life is good
I'm tired of doing good life alone
For this moment, I have let all of this drain my power
I think I might not have one of the jobs I didn't want anyway anymore, but now I need the money more than ever, but it was nice to think that I had that time on my hands, but now I may have actually gotten the job back.
I'd like to appear like I have my shit together, but the truth is
I don't.
Right this minute I feel like crying.
and yet
if someone walked in the door needing support about all that stuff up there...I'd know just what to say.
When it comes to me saying it to myself...I know just what to say, but I don't
this too, shall pass.
Life is still good
I know it is

4 Comments:

At 02 November, 2005 12:36, Blogger Kurt said...

i get sad too sometimes.
when weeping seems like a reflex and not a reaction.
days when platitudes make me sick and screaming "fuck my attitude" looks good.
days when blessings look like burdens and i'm sick and tired of all this b.s. around me and it would be so much easier to just get f*cked up and ignore responsibilities for awhile - say five years.
like you, i know better but i still feel that way. i have no idea why.
it's all part of being human, i'm pretty sure. i don't think the crows on the telephone wire are bitching to each other. but maybe that one over by himself is thinking, "okay, if I touch this wire and the pole together I won't ache inside anymore..."
maybe you miss Rat...

 
At 02 November, 2005 12:59, Blogger daisyduke said...

crows don't bitch. dogs don't bitch. what sets us apart is the language. all the meaning we attach to words, all the connotations we give...THATs what sets us apart.
Right now I could just hug your neck, Kurt. It really feels better knowing that someone else knows how I feel. So much better. This is what it means when someone says thanks a million.
thanks a million.
and I do miss rat, yes.

 
At 02 November, 2005 20:39, Blogger Unknown said...

Daisy, I hope things are looking up for you. Even though you know life is good, I hope it just gets better!

 
At 02 November, 2005 22:40, Blogger Unknown said...

damn girl, I don't have any homilies for ya..my life's currently in the toilet as well..and I DONT have your attitude..i think it sucks moose balls and it better get better soon or I am going postal..lol..

seriously though..its always darkest before the dawn..

I always loved that lil homily..I think I heard it in a CSNY song..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home